The Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a union territory of India. The name is often shortened to A & N Islands, or ANI.
The islands are in the Indian Ocean, in the southern part of the Bay of Bengal. The capital of this territory is the Andamanese town of Port Blair.
It is made of two island groups - the Andaman Islands and the Nicobar Islands - separating the Andaman Sea to the east, from the Indian Ocean. These two groups are separated by the 10° N parallel, the Andamans lying to the north of this latitude, and the Nicobars to the south. The channel that separates ANI is the 10° degree channel. This islands have the only active volcano in India, Barren Island. These islands are also uninhabitated. It also has the lowest point in India, The Indira Point
Quick Basic Facts about Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- First European to establish their colony here were Danish who reached Nicobar in 1755.
- British arrived in Chantham island in 1789 and built there colony and naval military base.
- Danish colonial rule in this region was ended as they sold their rights to British in 1868. As a result complete control of all north and south islands thus transferred in the hands of British.
- During colonial period of Both Danish and British, most of the islands were evacuated several times due to outbreak of Malaria.
- During second World War most of the islands were virtually under the control of Japanese Naval Forces.
- Subhash Chandra Bose strengthened the position and status of Azad Hind Fauz during with the support of Japanese Forces at the time of second World War. Subhash Chandra Bose renamed the north and south islands as Shaheed Dweep and Swaraj dweep respectively.
- Return Airfare Included
- 03 Night stay at selected category of hotel at Port Blair
- 02 Nights stay at selected category of hotel at Havelock
- Daily breakfast on set menu or buffet basis, as indicated in the meal plan. (Except breakfast on day of arrival)
- Entry tickets to all sightseeing places as part of the itinerary
- Ferry tickets Port Blair – Havelock – Port Blair by Private ferry
- All transfers by 01 Ac car in Port Blair/ Havelock
- All Currently applicable hotel and transport taxes
- 5% GST
- Personal Expenses
- Vehicle at disposal, water sport activities and guide charges
- Festive Surcharges during Long weekends, Christmas to New-year period (15 Dec-15 Jan)
- Cost arising due to Fight delays/cancellations, weather conditions, Natural Calamities or other reasons beyond control.
- Airfare is subject to change as per availability